Tuesday, December 14, 2010

And so it begins....

Well, it has been an interesting ride up to this point. I can't believe that it has been 14 months since I started my mission. It has been a rollercoaster of ups and downs. A ton of ups but there are those days where you just don't know what to do or how you are going to do it. I love the opprotunity I have to be here serving our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. There is nothing else that I would rather be doing at this time in my life than this. Of course, like I said, there are going to be ups and downs but the ups always out weigh the downs. One of my favorite scriptures comes from the Doctrine and Covenants. In section 18 it tells us that we will receive so much joy if we just bring one soul unto Christ, and that how much more joy will we have if we bring many souls unto him. I am so grateful for the opprotunity I have to do that. We are also promised that we preaching the gospel is going to bring us the most joy in this life and in the life to come. In most caseses I feel like the prophet Alma in chapter 29 when he exclaims, "O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth and cry repentance unto every people! Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth. But behold, I am a man, and do sin in my wish; for I ought to be content with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto me." That is my goal and purpose, "to help others come unto Christ by recieving the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." There are many people out there in the world that are searching for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and all we have to do is open our mouths and they will hear us. http://www.mormon.org/ is a great website to help us all come closer unto Jesus Christ. He is our savior and redeemer. There is none other way for us to be redeemed from the Fall, only through him and by him are we saved after all we can do. I love my savior for that reason. I hope this has helped you all in some way, shape or form. I love you all. You are in my prayers. Keep up the great work! God speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment