This week should be pretty awesome. We get to look into Paul's epistle to the Romans.
We are going to go over a few scriptures and look at some of the things in them.
1. Lets Review Romans 1:3–4; Luke 1:31–32; 3:23–31. Jesus Christ is both the Son of David and the Son of God because of the way the lineage works. Mary came from the line of Davis as did Joseph, but he was also the Son of God because of how he was born. The Lord should be able to reign both the kingdom of God and the kingdom of David, which is Jerusalem.
Being the son of David, He was mortal; being the Son of God, He was immortal. Reading John 10:17–18 we learn why it is important the Lord is both mortal and immortal. It was important because it was supposed to be his choice to lay down his life and to die for us and perform the Atonement.
2. Now let us Review Romans 1:15–20 and answer the following questions:
o How did Paul feel about the gospel?
- Paul felt that he should not be ashamed of the gospel. Once converted, he did everything he could to spread the gospel of Christ.
o In what ways can you show you are not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ?
- I want you to think about this personally. Some things that I thought of are that we can continue to live as an example of Jesus Christ.
3. Review Romans 1:21–32. Then respond to the following items:
o Make a list of the people’s sins by using the verses and the footnotes.
- Vain in their imaginations
- Worshiped images
- Covenant breakers
o Place a checkmark next to the sins on your list that are still a problem today. (This you can do on your own)
o What reasons were given for why people commit these sins?
- They did not retain God in their knowledge, meaning they did not think about God.
o What does it mean in verse 25 when Paul said that people “worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator”?
- It means that they did not follow the Spirit but followed the Natural Man.