Saturday, October 5, 2013

Paul's Cousel to Members

The scriptures we are going to look at this week are:
1 Thessalonians 3:12-13; 4:1-12, 5:1-22
2 Thessalonians 3:1-6,11.

Let's compile a short list of attributes Paul asks of the members:

  • Abound in love
  • walk and please God
  • Know the commandments
  • Live the law of Chastity
  • Love one another
  • Study
  • Work
  • Be Honest
  • Children of Light
  • Watch and be sober
  • Peace
  • Rejoice
  • Pray
  • Abstain from all appearance of evil
Now that we have a list we need to pick a few that we can work on:
  1. Walk and Please God
    • Sometimes I find it hard to remember Christ throughout the day, so that is one thing that I will work on is to try and walk and please God all day.
  2. Peace
    • I need to have a little more peace in my life. I have a very busy schedule, so I need to find time to relax and find some peace.
  3. Abstain from all appearance of evil
    • I need to be an example in all things and I need to go though and do an inventory on things that may be considered and appearance of evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment